The Mission of QuestCare is to provide high-quality Support Workers as carers to clients across the ACT and surrounds. A goal which includes ethical, professional, client focused consumer directed care.
Flexible services are provided by trained Support Workers at home or within the community to empower, enhance, expand and encourage independence and quality of life.
- Provision of support services to over 300 clients which improve their quality of life.
- Introduction of Support Coordination services which are known as the most professional and results driven in Canberra.
- Our School Leaver Employment Service (SLES) (implemented in July 2020) has already achieved success for our young participants.
- Positive Behaviour Support – a new area that our team of experienced practitioners are implementing positive. behaviour support plans (PBSP) with Participants. Our point of difference is that we not only write the plans but we offer ongoing support, monitoring, review and guidance to implement so real change can be affected.
- QuestCare is the only agency in Canberra that other agencies turn to supply the extra support staff they need to provide services to their participants. This ongoing agreement are a testament to the quality and professionalism of the QuestCare team.
- Passed NDIS quality review for registration with 100% success.
QuestCare started life as an award recognised training provider, then moving into provision of employment services until focussing on the provision of skilled disability support workers to Disability ACT.
The introduction of the NDIS meant that QuestCare had to evolve again from a supplier of staff to a quality service provider working directly with NDIS participants.
This evolution has been enthusiastically embraced by QuestCare where the company now services more than 400 clients with a flexible, skilled and diverse support worker team of close to 200.
QuestCare is known as being able to solve problems quickly with compassion and dignity. We are solution based and find outcomes for clients to be able to live their lives aligned to their own goals and choices. QuestCare’s unique business model means that every Participant is allocated a dedicated Case Manager who works along side the Participant to assist in achieving goals. The dedicated Case Manager is responsible to ensure smooth service delivery and that our service is meeting the client’s NDIS goals. The Case Manager works closely with the client’s carefully selected support team and encourages feedback and provides ongoing mentoring and advice.
Our sister company, QuestTraining is a recognised and very successful provider of accredited training for the disability and aged care sector, and our support staff are actively encouraged to pursue further training. All QuestCare staff must hold qualifications relevant to the services we provide or enrolled and working towards. QuestCare also promotes and provides ongoing training to all our staff in areas that have been highlighted as important by our clients, such as
- Behaviour support
- High intensity
- First aid
- Peg, bowel and catheter care
We promote and encourage our support staff to take greater responsibilities with their clients, and QuestCare provides opportunities for Support Workers to progress within the company.
QuestCare is an ‘open door’ company – we encourage our support staff to ‘drop in’ to talk to Case Managers about their clients. There is always someone who will make time to talk, listen and amend support delivery as required. QuestCare knows that it is our support staff who are working closely with the clients and it is the support team that will provide valuable advice regarding the client’s progress and what is actually happening in their lives.
QuestCare enjoys a wide network across the ACT community and uses this knowledge to solve any problems that client’s may be facing. Our Case Managers and Support Coordinators are often praised for their ability to assess a client’s request and to quickly find a service to assist them.
QuestCare is also a registered provider of Aged Care Packages. A Home Care Package is a coordinated package of services tailored to meet a person’s specific care needs. The package is coordinated by an approved home care provider, with funding provided by the Australian Government under the Aged Care Act 1997.
There are four levels of support that QuestCare can assist you with:
- Home Care Level 1 – basic care needs
- Home Care Level 2 – low level care needs
- Home Care Level 3 – intermediate care needs
- Home Care Level 4 – high care needs
More advice about our Aged Care services here.
The 24-hour call number for QuestCare is 0404 017 532. As you might expect, this number is for emergencies or situations where your care or support are relatively urgent. For less urgent care requests or any other inquiries, you can reach us at 6253 4314 during the week. Alternatively, you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or send a message through our website’s contact page. Regardless of which communication channel you choose – QuestCare hopes to hear from you soon. Our mission has always been “To provide high-quality support workers as carers to clients across the ACT and surrounds” and to provide our clients with “ethical, professional, client focused provision of services.”
We can’t wait to take this mission one step further by providing you or your loved ones with the support you need.